2019 Confucius Institute Four-Week Scholarship
I. Host Institution
Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT): located in Beijing, China, established in 1940. USask
flagship partner university. BIT has 5 campuses with total number of students over
II. Scope &Eligibility
1. Application is open to applicant who owns a non-Chinese citizenship, aged between 18 and 35, in good health condition.
2. Applicant should have no prior experience of studying in China.
3. Applicant should submit a HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) score report along with the application.
(Note: the USask Confucius Institute offers non-credit Chinese classes and hosts HSK
III. Scholarship Coverage
This Program provides a scholarship for 4-week study which focuses on Chinese language
study as well as Chinese cultural experience. The scholarship covers tuition fee,
accommodation fee, and comprehensive medical insurance expenses during 4-week stay in
IV. Application Steps
1. Online Application Opens between March 10 and April 10, 2019:
Applicants should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website http://cis.chinese.cn,
fill out the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online, and upload the scanned
copies of the requested documents: HSK exam report, recommendation letter from the USask
(Note: the USask Confucius Institute instructors will be happy to provide assistance to fill out
the scholarship online application)
2. Successful applicants will receive an admission letter from the host institution by early May.
3. Book flight tickets and apply for Chinese visa https://www.visaforchina.org/YYC_EN/
For more information:
Please contact: Confucius Institute at the University of Saskatchewan, Arts 205,
Tel: (306) 966-1200, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Arts and Science China Study Tour
Global Perspectives: Arts and Science Summer Study Tour to China ( May 16- 30, 2018)
2017 College of Kinesiology China Study Tour