2018 Arts and Science China Study Tour
Global Perspectives: Arts and Science Summer Study Tour to China ( May 16- 30, 2018)
This study tour is co-organized by the Confucius Institute (CI) at the University of Saskatchewan and U of S flagship partner Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT). Two-week accommodation, meals and local transportation will be covered. Participants are responsible for their own airfare (approximately $1100-$1400 round trip) and personal expenses.
- Tour the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, the Confucius Temple, and many other historical sites
- Visit Chinese Universities to compare Chinese and Canadian educational systems
- Taste authentic Chinese food and local snacks
- Experience Chinese culture: water painting, martial arts, calligraphy, and other cultural activities
All participants are required to attend a mandatory 26--‐hour Chinese language and cultural pre‐departure workshop In 2018 Winter Term.
- Must be a current Arts and Science student
- Must be a non--‐Chinese citizen
- Minimum C.W.A. of 70% and have completed 30 credit units of university courses
- Students will submit an application form and a 3-5 minutes video detailing why they should attend the study tour to China.
- Applications will be sent to LaVina Watts, Study Abroad Coordinator, Arts and Science–AandS.Abroad@usask.ca
- Form and information can be found at http://artsandscience.usask.ca/undergraduate/info/studyabroad.php
- Oct 10th at 12:30pm--‐1:30pm in Arts 100
- Oct 11th at 4:30pm–5:30pm in Arts 217
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com or visit Confucius Institute, Arts 205, (306)966-1200
2018 4-week Scholarship
To meet students from around the world and have a fun summer in China, Click here to see more:
Confucius Institute Scholarship
In order to support development of Confucius Institutes, facilitate Chinese language promotion and Chinese cultural transmission in the world, cultivate qualified Chinese language teachers and talented students of Chinese language, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) launches the “Confucius Institute Scholarships” program for providing sponsorship to students, scholars and Chinese language teachers of other countries for pursuing a study in relevant universities in China (hereinafter referred to as “host institutions”).
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
For more information, please visit: http://cis.chinese.cn or come to Room 205, Arts Building
Chinese Government Scholarships
Chinese government has set up a series of scholarship programs to sponsor international students, teachers and scholars to study and conduct research in Chinese universities. Chinese Government Scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language study. 279 designated Chinese universities offer a wide variety of academic programs in Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Law, Economics, Management, Education, Liberal Arts, Philosophy, History, and Fine Arts for scholarship winners at all levels.
Full scholarship covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend and medical insurance.
For more information, please visit: http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua/